A mute story...


Its titled mute story as all communication are cut off in airplane mode.. Yes My co-passenger Mr.Apple is in airplane mode and me too... This is about a usual flight journey.
It brings back my memories of my first flight from Lucknow to Delhi in the year 2001. It was a very short flight, one day before 9/11 so there were no security checks.. All you need is flight ticket to walk into the luxury of  hospitality. Unfortunately it didn’t last long for me. Three tier security was introduced before my second flight. Coming back to my first flight, the flight was only an hour long flight. Those days only Indian Airlines is India’s one and only domestic carrier. Food was served from Taj kitchen even in short flights which was my first experience dining at 20,000feet. Now a days food is not served at 20,000 feet its sold there. Even in those days, everyone mind their own business and keep themselves in airplane mode, I mean muted. Newspapers were distributed which keeps everyone engulfed. There were no conversation happening thats why its a mute story. From then I have travelled a lot, I love to have a short nap when the flight was rolling to the runway for take-off.. Try it you will definitely love it.. Later more than 90% of my travel is for business purpose so its usual to have early morning flight and late night back home flights. Most of the time I sleep throughout the flight, I wouldn’t even care of the refreshments served. There are many travelers like me no one even snores becoz we all are in airplane mode.. muted.  
Its really fun while traveling in groups and with family as we continue to converse, crack jokes and little bit of gossips. Airlines want everyone to be muted so they have introduced entertainment system in international flights to keep  us glued to the plasma screens.  I am writing this in airplane mode on my way back to Chennai from Mumbai. 
Fellow passengers are friendly, courteous, traveling for different purpose, there is no ego but there is always a hesitation to start a conversation with the neighbour. With no conversation, no food being served and only instructions to handle worst situations the short flight journey feels very long to moon and back.
Though its a mute story the journey continues... How mute the flight journey be, everyone remembers their first flight. We all remember our first flight as we got wings to  take-off & cruise at 20,000feet or above,  catching a birds eye view of the city below for the very first time.
I saw a river below from my window very long twisting and turning, I assumed it as river Yamuna. Yes it is.. Memories of my first flight remains green. 

Hope this blog post triggered your first flight memories.. If so I feel overwhelmed.
   
                   Passionate mute story by - Allwyn chellakumar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

India and cultural diversity

Transform your weakness to strength