Digital Age and Friendship

It has been a while since I wrote for Indispire, this would be a re-entry post for Indispire. This post is linked with the Indispire  edition:181 topic  and is dedicated to all my beloved friends
Though there are lot of debate going on about Digital Age friendship I would be taking you through the brighter side of Digital Age and Friendship.  

It was 1996.. "Mustafa. Mustafa Don't worry Mustafa.. Kaalam nam tholan Mustafa" was a famous college farewell song from the film Kadhaal Desam. It's a heavy song with lot of emotions which is  a regular number played in every college farewell parties as close friends bid farewell with heavy hearts.. Last handshake.. Last hug.. Tears rolling.. friends part their ways hoping that one day they will meet again.
1996 I was in my first year of Engineering...that's the time when personal computers were gaining popularity.. Wipro, HCL and assembled computer pops here and there in cities. We need to go all way to the railway reservation counter to have a peep of computers. I started making friends in college which made the thought of the school friends fade away.
Fast Forward to 2000 I have completed my Engineering by this time letters, envelopes are gone and Emails becomes a common mode of written communication. We have been handed over with a bigger challenge. If you need to get in touch with your friends you need to first find the Email Id of your friends. Even if you manage to send email to a friend, a reply from him is more unlikely as he needs to find internet browsing center to access email which happens once in a while. Wires started disconnecting with college friends, and myself started making new friends in the work place.
Many new technologies came into existence, mobile phones, Infra red, Bluetooth, GPRS.. Oh wait with GPRS mobile we were able to send and receive data.. Years went on until Facebook came into existence by 2010 and I become a member by 2012. Slowly and steadily as Facebook became more and more popular I got back in contact with many of my friends. Presently no one is left behind, I am in contact with most of my school friends, college friends, neighborhood friends, ex-colleagues and  present colleagues.
With all the digitalization going around, I am pretty confident that I will not be left out and will continue to be in contact with all my friends. We all are wired to each other digitally through binary codes. Apps in smart phone does the job of keeping the friendship alive and keeps the connection fresh, up and running 24/7. We share greetings, blessings, and suggestions even though we are hundreds of miles apart sometime even continents apart.
Each and everyone of us shares similar stories, with all social media and smart phones we all are only a click faraway from each other. Digitalization has helped everyone find their lost friends and continue with present friends for ever and ever.
20 years down the lane at this point of time, college farewell parties are only ceremonies biding Farewell to the building and benches of the college. Friends are connected through digital media
"The never sinking ship-Friendship"    
https://www.facebook.com/BlogTheJourney
@blogtheJourney

Feel Free to share and comment .Do follow my blog and like us in Facebook @blogthejourney  page and keep updated of the latest article posted in the blog. You can also subscribe to RSS FEED to get the latest updates.
Alternatively you can follow me on Google + : Allwyn Chellakumar for latest updates in the blog
Picture courtesy: Honorable Mr. Internet

Once again fellow blogger in Indiblogger.in voted for my post to be  Top Post. Thanks to all who voted for my blog post
https://www.indiblogger.in/post/digital-age-and-friendship

                                                                        Blog Article by: Allwyn Chellakumar

Comments

  1. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

India and cultural diversity

Transform your weakness to strength